"This Whine Tastes Bad."

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, May 15, 2005.

1. 1) I'm friggin' tired. Worked my first shift for my local Domino's Pizza place this evening. Took phonecalls for 2 1\2 hours. On my feet all night.

2) After reading that, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a wuss.

3) The girl who got me the job at Domino's has decided not to talk to me. A convenient time, too, seeing as I need her support and & experience to learn what I'm supposed to be doing. :spit: Nice teamwork, a$$.

4) CSI's about to start. So I'm ok.

Thanks, Grissom, for making my night so much better.

2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey what's your number? I'll call up and order a delivery to Waco.

brad cook
  3. Domino's : Hello, what would you like to order?
    Me: Yeah, I'd like one pizza, pan, cheese, with extra sauce
    Domino's : Right, one pan cheese pizza with extra cheese
    Me: No, extra sauce! THE SAUCE!!
    Domino's : What about the cheese?!
    Me: f*** the cheese!!
    Domino's : Ahh, sorry. So thats one pan cheese pizza with no cheese
    Me: ***?!
    Domino's : Oh right, one pan cheese pizza, no cheese, extra sauce..
    Me: GAHHHH!!!!

- Hangs up phone, dials Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut: Heya Gaz, one cheese pizza pan, with extra sauce again?
    Gaz: F*** YEAH!!
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    You have Domino's in Oz? I am *so* sorry for that US export, kiddo...
  5. We're more disturbed that you exported Jarrod from Subway..... thanks a whole lot :scowl:
  6. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    What did I tell you about your unnatural love for Grissom? It's not healthy, I tell you.
  7. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I concur.
  8. Wait , were you on your feet all night + the two and a half hours of calls, or did you only work for two and a half hours total ? Cause if you're bitching about only two and a half hours you're a God damn wuss.
  9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Steph, We in Motown (Detroit for you young un's) officially apoligize for that import and you are welcome to keep Domino's for yourselves.
  10. :smug:

As with every thread I make, I apologise for doing so in the first place - still, it reassures me that TB loves me.

Heh. I dare you to google "Grissom & Sara". That's unhealthy.

Yeah. I'm a girl, too. Doubly defective. :meh:

Yeah, Domino's sucks.
  11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I am so more angsty than you, Steph.
  12. Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Sometimes work just sucks... That's why I try to avoid it.
  13. yeah, it's 11pm...I'm half in the bag and I gotta get up at 6am...so yeah work sucks. But money doesn't. Maybe I'll start to buy more lottery tickets. :p
  14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Interesting that you work at Domino's. You look like someone who would work there based on the picture on your website.

On a side note, you have quite the potty mouth for a young lady.

15. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    No personal offense to you, but I've found Domino's to have some of the most difficult people to deal with. Whenever a deaf person wants to order a pizza, it comes down to either being hung up on, or being placed on hd by a rude employee too busy to get a pen and paper ready to take their order.
  16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    That's part of the allure...
  17. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Just wait until you're still working there once you're done with college. Then, tell me how much it sucks.

I've never worked at Domino's, much less delivering pizza. But I'm still working at my part-time gig I had in college and I hate it...
  18. Hmm. Interesting. What makes you say that?
    What did I say that offended you, sir?
    No offense to me at all. I've only worked there for 1 shift, and I hate it already.

I think I just don't like part time work. It's hard for me to be passionate about something I'm really not. :meh: I'd rather be gigging.
  19. I've heard bad things about Dominos. I work for Pizza Hut and one of my friends works for Dominos, we compare notes often. Our customer service is unparalelled from what I've seen. We actaully have a policy in place to deal with complaints and screw ups on our part (and even not). From what I've seen and heard, such a policy just doesn't exist at Dominos.

As for the job, enjoy being a CSR while you can. Once they move you back to production, you'll want to kill yourself.
  20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I base my comment on your introductory paragraph on your main page. Four or five cuss words right off the bat.