1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"This Whine Tastes Bad."

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, May 15, 2005.

1. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Like I always said, if you can't handle the pizzas, go hard, or go home.

2. It's the Sara Sidle within me.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I have no idea who Sara Sidle is. But hey, if it works for you, that's cool.

-Mike

4. This is what you do then.

The job market is "the stink", quit for people who can cut it and then go make a living selling drugs or beating up old people... i mean.. helping them across the street.... :)

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    what i want to know is how the title of this thread relates to anything inside it.

:confused:

6. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Why were you even googling that in the first place? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

And Dominoe's DOES suck. Does anybody remember that creepy THING that used to be their mascot? He scared the HELL out of me when I was younger.

7. It's a play on words.

Never mind.

Who are you to question what I do in my spare time? :eyebrow:

While Googling "CSI", a link came up to a fanfiction piece entitled "The Seduction of Sara Sidle". And, no, I didn't read it. I know better.

8. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Hey, at least I got it. Would like some cheese with it?

:smug: I'm just teasing you about you unnatural obsession with Grissom. Not that its really that much of an obsession, or anything. But I DID google that, and was amazed by how freaky some people are.

I was also amazed by how many of them listed their webmaster as some combination of Steph and Dawe..... :p

9. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    You think you have it bad?

Try dealing with angry McDonalds customers when you tell them that the milkshake machine is broken.

McDonalds employees of TB, UNITE! :D :D

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ohhhh....

i'm trying to find the appropriate smilie...

:oops:

there. that might do it. :D

the smilie of shame.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Boogers.

I worked from 1:30-10:00pm and made -$65.00 so I officially had a worse day at work.

12. Dan1099: that thing was called the "Noid".

Consider this thread hijacked. I'll tell you why people get pissed about milkshakes: because no other fast food chain is ever able to supply them on a consistant basis. You cut off the supply. McDonald's is the only place I've been able to get a milkshake from in recent memory. I've stopped buying "food" from Burger King altogether.

I began my boycott last year when I realized that I could count the number of milkshakes successfully received over a 5 year period on one hand.
    In that time, I probably ordered 50 from Burger King. Arby's in Beaumont, Texas is another refreshment villain. That shake machine taunted me from 8th grade to sometime in high school. Same story. Roughly 10 milkshakes delivered in that time period. I know it sounds like I must have lived on the strawberry milkshake, but no. It was a quest. I'd order them even when I didn't want one, just to see.

The story is always the same: the machine is broken. This is a line of crap. I was told by an insider once that the machine is a complete pain to clean and the employees often lie about it's condition all day long so not to make any. This should be a crime.

McDonald's with all of their other crappy food, is the only place I can get a frosty strawberry milkshake, should the fancy strike me. I've endure countless meals that I had to choke down, simply becaue I knew I could get my milkshake. I'm not sure I can relate a feeling so grand as being able to actually receive the food that I order after being short changed for about 15 years. Thank you, McDonald's, for having employees that care about milkshakes.

Next time, you should understand the burden on your shoulders before mocking irritated customers.

Mike

13. I know you're teasing. :smug: I should've put a smilie in there, in hindsight. And, you're right, people are freaky. I mean, I'd jump on the SS Geek Love too, if it were named SS Geek Friends instead. :rollno: And fishing off the company pier is never a good idea.

Not! Funny! :spit:

:p

My bad. I should have said something about it in my original post.

No need to be ashamed. :smug:

14. I must confess I'm one of those irritating costumers esp. when I've had a few drinks and I'm at the counter with the munchies :D

15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    no, i would've (eventually) gotten it, had i realized that there was an "h" in your spelling of "whine."

i don't know how to read! :(

:p

16. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Try this:

"Dominoe's Pizza can you hd?"
    IP Relay Operator XXXXM with a relay call do you know how to use relay?"
    "Get their name, order, dorm, and room."
    (hd)(hd)(hd)(hd)(hd)(hd)(hd)(hd)(hd)(hd)(hd)
    "thank you for holding"
    "do you know how to use relay"
    "i said get their name, dorm, room, and order (sounds upset)"
    "opr here pls direct all comments to the caller"
    (hd)(hd)(hd)
    (hung up another call qq) ga

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Steph... I'd advise you to quit working and become a rock star... but sometimes they play 2 and a half hour shows.... so...

... become a shut in

18. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Mike,

I guarantee you that our shake machine does not work as I saw the innards of it being ripped out and the machine being readied for removal on Saturday.

You realise you don’t have to buy a meal to get a shake. :D

This machine has been in the store since it opened in 1988 and has only recently started to malfunction.

I suggest that you dont eat from any restaurant that doesnt clean food processing machines. I can tell you however that our shake machine was cleaned every night, as i have seen it done on many occation.

99.99999% of any rumours you hear about McDonalds are untrue anyway.

Matt - Your friendly Longford Island McDonalds Employee

P.S. Sorry to hijack your thread Steph :p

19. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I prefer Pizza Hut over Dominos, but the thing that gets me about Dominos is that I live 1/2 a mile down the street from them, but because I'm over the town line, they won't deliver to me. Yet they'll go a few miles out of their way to deliver to someone on the other side of town...

20. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, McDonald's is the only place where I can get a shake everytime I ask. I was, firstly, applauding your establishment for it's consistency. Secondly, I was letting you know of the apparent lackadaisicle approach to the milkshake by most of your fastfood competitors. Thirdly, I was wanting you to understand the frustration that we, the milkshake consumer, face everytime we approach the drive through window. I believe that your machine was in need of repair. I wanted you to know why customers were rabid at the news. You have no idea how many people are as obsesive-compulsive as I am when it comes to food. Stopping at two establishments while on a break with the rest of New Orleans looking for food is just ridiculous. Where the shakes are served is where I eat. Thanks.

Mike

P.S.

Steph, this is more important than anything that will be typed today, sorry.