Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This will get me banned from TB for sure!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Jan 11, 2005.

1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    With all the "I hate Ashlee Simpson because it's the popular thing to do" crap flying around, I felt I needed to step up. I own the album....by choice. I think it is a FANTASTIC sounding record. John Shanks produced it and played 90% of the instruments on there. Terrific guitar tones and nice pop/rock arrangements.

With that said, I will be the first to admit that she's another 'canned' act who was created by the record company to make them rich, but everyone acts like she is the first one! Please! They've been doing this for years! Why is it that she is picked on the most and people feel the need to make an example out of her?

When she messed up on SNL the entire world was like "OMG! She uses tracks!" News Flash: Most modern day performers do! :eek:

For the most part I can understand where most people are coming from, but it seems to be the in thing to hate Ashlee Simpson. I'm just waiting for Hot Topic to start selling "Ashl33 S1mps0n is the Sux0rs!!!!" t-shirts.

Please people. Get over it! It's not a huge deal.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    That's it. You're out of my will.

3. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Yeah, you know, I kinda felt disgusted even mentioning it happened to a couple friends. they were like "Nah, didn't hear about it" and I was like.... "yeah, I forgot who told me" :bag:

Some of my friends act slick, though, so they probably already knew about it.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    [​IMG]
    "I cast thee out!"

5. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Lol I was hoping you and some of the other lobby trolls wouldn't see this. Ah well I felt it had to be said.

I'm never going to live this down am I?

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :ninja:

:bag:

I own both Avril discs

:eek:

did I say that out loud???

Doh!

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    "I've got an order here for two handbags.....does anyone know which table these belong to?"

:D

8. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    psssst...me too. We need to start a support group.

9. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    OUCH!

10. oooh, i'm afraid that's incorrect. nice try though, we have some lovely parting gifts.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Don't worry BT...you lost your dignity long ago.

:p

brad cook

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    No soup for you!

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i listen to Creed....

:D

14. I always question people for making fun of Kenny G. Not because I like his music, just becasue making fun of him was so popular amongst "cool" people. So now I'm always like, "Kenny G. is the man, his fusion is awesome," even though I've never heard it. People don't know how to react because MTV has programmed them to make fun of Kenny G. They stand there speachless, but their eyes scream, "Holy crap, you're off the hipness scale!"

That being said, I can relate, even though I've never listened to Jessica Simpson.

Anyone heard Kenny G's fusion?

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I BANISH YOU FOREVER MORE!

16. OK, I used to have a couple Partridge Family LP's (remember those?). Woo. I feel cleansed.

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i just like to look at her in my own special way

18. *ChaChinnngg* Oh Im sorry, I believe this knife is yours! :spit:

19. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I like the Barenaked Ladies. Anyone remember them?

eh? eh?

What about Hootie and the Blowfish?

20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:bag:

*cough* I don't watch TV.... I had no idea... I just liked "Ms Independent" and bought the disc
    :meh:

The second one just kinda happened... I've no excuse.