thoguhts on the zoom b3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Guinness20, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    Sorry should probably clarify - by accurate I don't mean whether the features are exactly accurate to the original pedal/amp, I mean whether the sound coming out of the b3 is accurate to the original thing. Not sure if it's right for me then - if I had the money the pedals I'd end up getting would be along the lines of - aguilar tlc compressor, tech 21 vt bass, darkglass b7k and a muff fuzz.

If I just needed the amps on it the b3 would be great - I play a fender rumble 75 which does the job but doesn't have its own tonal footprint. But with me looking at overdrive and fuzz (possibly distortion as well) maybe I should stick to individual pedals.

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I'm reasonably sure you could get comparable tones to the tlc, vt, and the muff. I don't know anything about the B7k. Any equipment sounds different depending how you use it, what inst you're playing, and what sort of amplification/speakers you're using.

3. omie

omie

Apr 5, 2011
    Arizona
    Actually, I think the tube screamer on the b3 is very good to better then the real thing, especially in the mix and especially at full volume.

The rest of the distortions are various shades of doodoo.

4. I use the fuzz face, bb drive, crunchy baseman, bit crush on the b3 &am satisfied.

5. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    How easy is it to use? Were there already settings there to get vt, tlc and muff sounds?

6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    It's pretty easy to use. There are models of an SVT, Big Muff, Bass Big Muff that I was thinking of specifically. I'm sure you can get one of the 6 compressor models to sound pretty close to a TLC. Between all the effect parameters, eq's, preamps, etc it's quite flexible and can be tweaked a whole bunch.

7. The B3isvery easy to use, lots of control over each effect. I have never needed the manual because it is all on the display screen.

8. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    Right. Challenge now is to find somewhere that stocks one of these so I can give it a whirl!

9. thebreakman

thebreakman \m/

Sep 14, 2013
    Virginia
    real easy to use. many useful effects including a decent bddi. looper, drum machine. very nice unit

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021