Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thomas Dolby

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Makatak, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    I heard the other day that Terry Jackson , that badass bassplayer on " The Aliens Ate My Buick " died in a helecopter crash years back ...can anybody verify that , also tell me if he did anybody elses albums ?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    sorry that was my default answer for anything regarding thomas dolby.

I know nothing about the bassit :meh:

3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I heard it was a plane but in any case its deffinetly true and he is no longer with us. It was a while ago (10 years or so I think).

I cant say enough about his playing on that album and how it infulenced me.Amazing stuff.

AJ

4. The video to TD's song "Hyperactive" is very funny :)

5. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    I'm listening to Mulu the Rainforest...

errrr

:oops: :oops:

not sure anybody cares. ^_^

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    It's true.He was on tour with Reba McIntyre when it happen he did some real nice stuff for Thomas until his unfortunante demise.However Rodney "Skeets"Curtis of the "Funkadelic Alumni also did some great stuff on the "Aliens ate My Buick" album

7. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

Actually the only track that has Skeet is "May the cube be with you" and thats a very different session its from when T.D was on Goerge's "Some of my best Jokes are friends" Album .Dolby walked away with a E.P., "Dolby's Cube", wich is D.Chambers ,Brecker bros, Goerge.It was released a couple of years before the Aliens album(on vinal) came out which didnt have it on it.Terry's on the Whole Album.It was added as a mutch thankful Filler to the CD release.

Do you know if it was helicopter or plane?

AJ