1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thomas Martin 4/4 with Low C Extension For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Bassman415, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Bassman415

Bassman415 I make the floor shake Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    Hello All !!

Up for grabs is my Thomas Martin 4/4 double bass. This instrument was made in 2009 in the shop of Thomas & George Martin. This bass is an absolute powerhouse of an instrument. The various adjectives that have described its sound over the past two years that I've had it in my possession were "earth shattering", "thunderous", "a bass that shakes the floorboards". It is set up with a tuneable low c extension made by luthier Patrick McCarthy of Berkeley, CA, Despiau bridge with titanium bridge adjusters encased in cocobolo wheels (also cut & installed by Mr. McCarthy), & a New Harmony carbon fiber endpin unit. My bass has also been drilled to accept the Laborie/Rabbath style angled endpins. The string length is 42". The sound of this instrument is quite refined and velvety yet is extremely clear and focused. This bass has received many excellent reviews from principal and section players of the San Francisco Symphony, Los Angeles Philharmonic, & Metropolitan Opera Orchestra. Asking $26.5k. Any reasonable offers will be gladly accepted. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Please shoot me a PM if you have any other questions. THANKS !!!

Please click on the link for pictures !!

http://photobucket.com/thomasmartinbass

2. Bassman415

Nov 17, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    Bump

3. Bassman415

Nov 17, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    Bump