Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thomas Miller

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by otnemeM, Jan 8, 2003.

1. otnemeM

otnemeM

Oct 29, 2002
    Ovar, Portugal
    Thomas Miller was the former bass player for Symphony X , until he got out and was replaced by Michael Lepond. :rolleyes:

His tone is killer , he plays awesome. Besides all his qualities there is almost zero info of him on the internet or elsewhere. :(

anyone knows:
    . what's made of him since he left SX?
    . which gear did he play?

any other info on him is very welcome :)

2. Yeah, I know what you mean. As a fan of Symphony X, I've wanted to find out more information about him too. He wrote some killer bass lines, and his tone was amazing.

As for what he used, I'm still trying to find this out as well. I know that he used mainly 5-stringers (that were fretless?) But as for amps and such, I have no idea.

Hope some others post in here too :)

3. otnemeM

otnemeM

Oct 29, 2002
    Ovar, Portugal
    I don't think he used a fretless beacause he abused of "pull offs" and tapping and we know that it is difficult to do in fretless.

he's tone can be mistaken as a fretless , and that's why i love it so much... but i don't believe that he used, regularly, a fretless one.

i've seen live photos of SX with the guy that replaced him during the "Twilight In Olympus" tour, and he used regular 5 stringers.

btw... i've asked a guy that has info on (some) killer bassists to include thomas miller in there... maybe he will (I hope)

the link is: http://medieteknik.bth.se/joba01/

c ya!