THOMASTIC INFELD Bass guitar strings 5-string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ingemar, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Anyone who has compared TI Jazz roundwound superlong scale with
    INFELD Bass guitar strings 5-string set Round Wound Set: IN365 super long scale 36" medium light | Set No.: IN365 ?

Differences? Similarities? Pros and cons ?

You can get better info at the above site but in the meantime I can tell you a few things.

The INFELDS are an alloy of iron and I think nickel which gives a warm vintage type tone. Just give them a couple fo days to settle and there you go. Also have a very smooth feel for a roundwound due to the small diameter windings.

I tried the INFELD in 34" scale and like them a great deal.

I am getting ready to take the INFELD's off and put on the Jazz Rounds. So I can't tell you how the TI jazz rounds are; that's why I gave you the above site where you can get the info you want.

I can tell you that the jazz rounds are 100% nickel winding with a round core and a silk inlay between the core and the windings. The diameter of the windings is also very small giving a very smooth feel. Others have told me they have a very fat sound for a "skinny" string and have a very nice tone and articulate very well - that's why I'm going to give them a try after this weekend.