1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

THOMASTIC INFELD Bass guitar strings 5-string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ingemar, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Anyone who has compared TI Jazz roundwound superlong scale with
    INFELD Bass guitar strings 5-string set Round Wound Set: IN365 super long scale 36" medium light | Set No.: IN365 ?

Differences? Similarities? Pros and cons ?

2. http://www.vintagebass.com/thedudepit/forumdisplay.php?f=8

You can get better info at the above site but in the meantime I can tell you a few things.

The INFELDS are an alloy of iron and I think nickel which gives a warm vintage type tone. Just give them a couple fo days to settle and there you go. Also have a very smooth feel for a roundwound due to the small diameter windings.

I tried the INFELD in 34" scale and like them a great deal.

I am getting ready to take the INFELD's off and put on the Jazz Rounds. So I can't tell you how the TI jazz rounds are; that's why I gave you the above site where you can get the info you want.

I can tell you that the jazz rounds are 100% nickel winding with a round core and a silk inlay between the core and the windings. The diameter of the windings is also very small giving a very smooth feel. Others have told me they have a very fat sound for a "skinny" string and have a very nice tone and articulate very well - that's why I'm going to give them a try after this weekend.