1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Thomastik Dominants GDA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Scott Lynch, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    Price:
    $90
    The 'Doms with Stark E' set! This setup sounds incredible. I am moving to lighter gauge strings so they're up for sale.

Dom GDA - all in great condition. D and G have about 5-6 months of use in them, A about 1 month. Bought new, installed very carefully and removed only once. $100 $95 $90

Spiro Stark E - sold!

Price OBO, CONUS and includes shipping.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  2. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    how do dominants do with being put back on the bass. Any issue with breaking?

3. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    There are some who have reported breakage issues with restringing Doms while others have reported multiple times on and off with no issues. I suppose it depends on the string. It's worth a search in the strings forum. FYI I bought all of these strings new from Gollihur and installed and removed, very carefully, only once.

I researched these strings a bit before pulling the trigger on them. It seems the main thing to be cautious of with these is to not wrap any of the playing length of the string around the tuning peg.
    This was fine for me on ADG but based on the silk lengths on the other strings I opted to experiment with Spiro Es instead. The mensure on my Shen is 41 1/4".

4. the_Ryan

the_Ryan

Jul 10, 2015
    New York, NY
    You can keep less of the string on the tuning peg by singing them in the Genssler/Velvet way at the tailpiece.