1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flats, the real deal!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bthiemann80, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Like many people, I read up on these strings for quite some time before purchasing a set. There's an awful lot of hype on them, but it would seem as though the hype is not completely unwarranted. I tried them out at band practice last night and i'm hooked. I put them on my Fender american jazz bass and i've never been more happier w/ my bass tone than I am now. These strings literally sing and make their presence known. They sit with the mix soooooooo well, I thought I was unplugged and playing along to a recording of a studio manicured bass recording. I can see them suiting any style of music, I tend to play a more progressive style with an acoustic group as well as an electric one. These strings suit both styles perfectly. Believe the hype, these strings are spun from the pubic hair of Zeus himself!!!

2. Yes, these are indeed fantastic strings, I am a big fan. I use them on both my Fender American Deluxe as well as on an Ibanez hollowbody. I agree with all of your statements except the one about Zeus, which I would prefer not to think about.

3. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I've got a set, too. But have not found the right bass for them. I tried them on a Rick and P-bass, loved the feel but not the sound-not big enough. I may try them next on an L2K which needs taming. Any other suggestions?

4. I've been playing my DeArmond 4-string a lot lately, which is strung with TI Jazz Flats. The strings are about a year and a half old now. They just keep sounding better! And they feel great :D

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Another +1 for the TI's here, got 'em on my main axe, fantastic strings!

6. danomar

danomar

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta
    On my Rick 4001, I agree. It seems to want a round-wound string. TI Jazz Rounds are not quite it. I've got a set of Rickenbacker roundwounds that will go on soon.

That said, TI Flats are amazing strings. They are great on almost every bass I've tried, fretted or not. Pretty soon, TI will probably create a set that winds itself...
    :)