1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Thompson Hybrid Double Bass + extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by ColdEye, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ColdEye

ColdEye Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a Thompson Hybrid Double Bass, label inside indicates 2015 date. Solid top and laminate sides. Ebony fingerboard. Bridge has adjusters. Had this for over a year. Set up is very good and easy to play. Currently has Kaplan Solo on E and A and Gamut guts for the D (light) and G (medium) . I have some strings here too if you want something else. Comes with an under wing pick, very decent quality and I like it paired with my zoom A3 or a headaway I used to have. It also comes with your choice of a German or French bow. The German bow is a bow from Upton and the French is from string Emporium. So to recap, bass comes with:

Pickup
    Strings from my string drawer
    Bow
    Bow Quiver
    Rosin

If you want to use microphones, I do have a contact mic and an H-Clamp I am selling seperately. Also have a pre amp that works well with the bass.

Will consider trades for a Canon 6d or 70-200 non IS, or 85 1.2 or sigma 85 1.4. Send me pm with questions or specific pictures you want. Willing to meet up for you to try it out, or deliver, in SoCal. I am located in San Diego.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:59 AM
    Diego28Rivera and krfoss like this.
  2. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Also looking for a P Bass (really like the road worn series) for trades.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:59 AM
  3. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Will also consider 5 stringers, in need of one now.

4. Hi, I'm interested in this double bass, can you provide a video to hear it or more pictures?
    Best regards!