1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thomson Kneeland

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Sam Dingle, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Anyone familiar with this bassist. I've obsessed over his youtube videos because of the great sound he gets as well as the beautiful language he uses. It sounds like the next step after learning licks and transcribing. I've gone as far as to transcribe the video below as well as his Blues for Alice video.

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Sure, Thomson's a great cat. He plays with my friend Jeff a lot and has done a few records and tours with an acquaintance, Jed Levy. Here's some of that music:

Sam Sherry and dhm like this.
  3. Thomson's a bad dude!

bskts247 likes this.
  4. Bass Baron

Bass Baron

Jun 26, 2012
    Finland
    Yes! Love his playing!

bskts247 likes this.
  5. matthewbrown

matthewbrown Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Harwich, MA, USA
    Thomson grew up near Worcester, MA, and started on clarinet and guitar, taking lessons from Rich Falco. I met him a few times at jazz sessions. He was always very serious and determined, and of course, very, very talented. He went on to play with Jerry Sabatini's group, the Sonic Explorers, doing some very challenging music.

bskts247 likes this.