1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Thor Custom Built 4 String 32" Scale Book Matched Walnut Headless Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PlanoSteveBass, Oct 11, 2017.

1. PlanoSteveBass

PlanoSteveBass

May 12, 2017
    Price:
    $1200
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Bass Top. The bass is currently sitting quietly in its case in the corner of the man cave. It is minding its own business.
    I have the original build sheet. You can see what it is. It is a custom made Thor (facebook.com/ThorBassCustomInstruments) fretless bass. It has a 32” scale with an ebony fretboard that has purpleheart fret lines. It has a chambered walnut body which makes very light and manageable. It is a headless design, which makes it even more compact and very easy to play at gigs for hours on end. It has 3 pickups that generate a tone and sustain that are reminiscent of a piano, however with the pickup and amp configuration, just about any desired bass sound can be generated. I found “the one” for me, and never changed it. It is very nice.
    However I have transitioned to upright for Jazz gigs and just don't play it. It needs to be played. It will probably need new strings since it has been sitting. Comes with the original soft case. Buyer pays shipping.