Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Those crazy japanese...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    They still make super duper basses that they keep to themselves.

ESP for example makes copies or interresting takes on other's designs

Such as this four string version of the Fender Bass VI
    [​IMG]

Or this copy of a Zon with a WOODEN neck.
    [​IMG]

Or would you like a Gibson Thunderbird with a twisted body?
    [​IMG]

I like it though.

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think you might need to change the tittle of the thread, this can be offensive to some of the Bassist. The basses are diffrent.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit,

Thats why they keep those designs to themselves.

Besides, Zon has wood necked basses avaiable now.

4. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Looks like somebody is a fan of Tetsu, but either way man. They can't file lawsuits, unless the headstock is copied. Also Fender never made a bass like that, and two the Zon-eqsue bass has different horns, and it's neck through. I saw one of those ESP IV basses for $600 once, and I missed out on it. Either way they all look cool besides the Thunderbird one.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The Fender headstock is close enough and the Gibson headstock is copied.

I know that in the past that was the rulling but it can be brought up again and challenged.

6. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Man, those Fender ripoffs are like a crazy combo of a Strat, Jazz Bass, and Jaguar.

7. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Nope it's a four string version of this baby.

[​IMG]

The Fender Bass VI which was a baritone guitar with a 30 scale length and was tuned a full octave below a standard tuned guitar, it even had a vibrato.

8. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Ya, I knew that, he already said it...I just mean the shape of it looks like that.

9. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Another thing, the T-bird was never for sale, that was a custom bass, hence the Prototype on the side. Two, dude Fender can't file a lawsuit for an instrument they don't even make, or never have made. Keep posting interesting Japanese basses, there's lots of em.