Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Those moments...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    when you put an awful lot of time, work and stress into something, and you get back NOTHING?

I hate them.

2. me too.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I feel your pain all the way over here in the USA. Let me guess, you got ripped off by Tom Shane? :D

-Mike

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    reminds me of my work environment. :(

5. I get that feeling every time i sell a piece of bass gear...

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    not exactly, some bitchass professor gave me a 7/20 for an exam of which I knew all the bloody answers!

7. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have had that effect in all of my relationships.

8. When I am asked what I got out of my last relationship (well before I had the last one) I used to say "this really nice sweater". Gotta have these relationships around xmas or bdays

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Driving someone around for days...showing them houses, trying to get questions answered, find out how I can help them. They decide they are not going to look at houses "this weekend" and you call Monday to follow up and they tell you: "...well I was going to the store and there was this 'For Sale by Owner Open House', so I stopped in and I liked it so much I bought it! Aren't you happy for me?"

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OUCH! We bought our house from a real estate agent. I made my wife promise to make the transaction with the guy after he spent an entire day showing us houses that fit within her strict guidelines. The realtor did not make us feel obligated to buy a house through him, I just felt that way after he spent all that time helping us.

-Mike

11. I hate it when exams test your testing ability, not your knowledge :scowl: :rollno:

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Thanks Mike. It does happen, and I am greatful to loyal clients. But I have to also be loyal to them. But people buy/do things for their own reasons.
    And if your Realtor isn't helpful, tell them, and then find another one.

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That happens to me all the time with Legos.

14. not after making something like these

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    ^ Jeez, i feel insignificant now.

that must have taken some serious work. very impressive.

are there more of those?

16. You can find lots and lo of pics of that ort of thing if you seach google images.

17. JazzBassMayn

JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    Kind of like after a night of drinking with the woman and there's no way you're gonna.... nevermind.

18. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Tests are the worst.

19. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I knew all the answers! And she gives me a 7! It was all correct!

20. Drunken sex......