1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Those New MI Audio Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Feb 20, 2008.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Firstly

MI is bringing out a new polyoctave synth pedal - $179

2277504311_82d42d7aef.

Secondly

[​IMG]

I know we know about these but these pics are nice and up close and a price on one of them

Oh and the is apparently some aggressive fuzz octave thing :D doesn't track chords to well though apparently

2. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Hmmm the Polyanna looks like it could combat the Micro POG nicely considering its lower price tag, more options, and smaller enclosure.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    And as we are aware, there has been an absence of a true para EQ pedal on the market for quite some time.

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    I was totally thinking about MI Audio just last night, as I was stroking my Neo Fuzz lovingly, in a completely heterosexual fashion, wondering "why don't other builders bring such efficiency like this?"

5. i2k

i2k

Oct 31, 2000
    Indonesia
    Dig the paraEQ, those knobs are sick. AFAIK the only pedal come close to this is Yamaha Magicstomp (in term of completeness of the EQ parameters). My Boss PQ3B looks like a toy now.
    Mike Ibrahim of MI Audio loves knobs, I have their distortion with 8 knobs on MXR sized pedal. Any info about the availability ?

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Lets urge him to make a bass version (no -2 octaves). Mebbe he can throw in a +2 instead.:smug:

7. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    You definitely have my attention.

8. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    I'd be down to buy a bass version...I'd sell my Micro POG to buy it.

9. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    syciprider: Why wouldn't you want the -2 oct -- when is having more options a bad thing? Just mixing it in a little would add some depth to it.

The Pollyana does look great, like the bastard child of the Boss OC-3 and the Micro POG. Crossing my fingers on tracking.

10. I think he was saying he'd rather have a more useful feature for bass in place of the -2. He suggested +2 instead. I would like to see +5th. I'm sure the pedal will be great as is though.

11. slight-return

slight-return

May 14, 2007
    +2 oct and +5th are going to be kind of problematic - looks like (there was a little audio interview somewhere that had some details that pointed this way) this is a fairly trad octave divider / octave doubler type system

So the octave down is prob based on flip-flop div-by-2 / div-by-4 schemes
    (Anderton used to have the Rocktave divider that could do some 5ths down using a divide-by-3, much like the old Korg Octave V)

and the up is a full-wave rectifier type octave system (stacking those can get kind of funky...not "bootsy" funky, more Lucas electrical systems funky)

so its not really the same kind of beast as, say, a POG - I'm suspecting it'll be more like the voicing section of the Microsynth or like the Octave V
    (I don't mean better/worse, just different core technology with different characters)