1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Those of you who've bought a new Nash...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flyingfinbar, Oct 2, 2017.

1. flyingfinbar

flyingfinbar Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Long Island, New York
    What was that experience like? From whom did you order it?
    Was it a deposit/then pay balance when completed thing, or all at once?
    How long did it take for your order to be completed?
    Which options did you go with?
    What was the final cost, carb to pan (if you're comfortable divulging such info)?

I friggin love these things, and kinda would want to order one to spec. Any info is appreciated....thanks!

2. I have a Nash 57 Pbass, which I'm playing in my profile picture. I purchased it used from Strings in Johnson, Tennessee. But according to Nash's web site, you can't buy direct; you have to purchase through a dealer. A dealer would know if you can have your instrument customized at the factory.

After posting my initial response, I did a deeper dive into Nash's web site and saw that they've added the "dealer upgrades" you can request. I'd say contacting one of them is the way to get your question answered.

flyingfinbar likes this.
  3. flyingfinbar

flyingfinbar Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Long Island, New York
    Certainly, a dealer is the way to go, but at this point, it's very early in the feeler process. Having worked in music retail in a previous life, I know how irritating tire kickers can be, hence my question to those with experience.
    Just love these basses! What are your thoughts on your 57?

4. I purchased the bass in 2009 (it was made in 2007) and it was my go-to bass until earlier this year, when I bought a 1967 Precision Bass. I use the Nash for playing rock and the '67 Precision for my jazz standards group.

I couldn't be happier with the Nash bass; next to my 1987 MusicMan Stringray, its been the most stable bass I've owned, meaning it doesn't need frequent neck or bridge adjustments. It sounds great with either flats or founds (I currently have Ernie Ball Cobalt flats on it). I also really like the mild wear that Nash applied.

The highlight of the bass its how it feels and plays. You pick it up and you can tell its an extremely well-build and adjusted instrument, and this is reinforced when you play it.

Setting aside personal views on artificially-aged instruments, this Nash bass stands on its own in terms of how well it was constructed, how well it plays and how good it sounds.

flyingfinbar likes this.
  5. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Who makes the bodies and necks that Nash use?