Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Those wacky Thai (funny)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Oct 9, 2002.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey! Check out this sign that was in my bathroom when I stayed at the YMCA Hotel in Chiangmai, Thailand. Just thought I'd share now that I got it scanned because I found it pretty funny. If you've ever been to Asia (or at least China) or seen the normal native toilets then you understand the need for such a sign!

[​IMG]

brad cook

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Whats wrong with the wrong way.....thast how I do it

3. During the days where I lived in SE Asia, I remember going into many an asian public toilet to find the seat covered in footprints and small splatters of crap.

Sniff sniff... aah, reminds me of home.

4. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Wow, how do you say 'wrong on so many levels' in Thai?

I'd hate to see the instruction sheet for the use of toilet paper. There is toilet paper, right?

:confused:

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    er..um..well actually a lot of Thai bathrooms have this a$$-sprayer thing. It's on a long hose and basically looks like the dish sprayer that extends out of most kitchen sinks.

In China though there is usually no toilet paper at all, except at tourist spots where you have to buy it. Also the toilets there are basically a hole in the ground, sometimes the hole is made of porcelain. They just squat over it...that's why they put this sign in the hotel, because some might think this is just a raised version of the squatty-potty. :eek:

brad cook

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Notice how happy he looks when he sits on the toilet correctly. Am I doing something wrong because I never get that much joy out of it? Looks like he's actually laughing!

This kinda reminds me of those old Goofus and Gallant cartoons. You could put Gallant in the first example and Goofus in the second. :)

brad cook

7. 1) First person is smiling, second is not.
    2) Star is on right shoulder of first person, and cap of second.
    3) Second has longer hair.
    4) Different stripe pattern on their shirts
    5) First picture has checkmark, second has "X"
    6) First person's right arm is not properly attached to torso.
    7) Oh! First person is sitting on toilet, second person is squatting!

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That is A HOOT Brad!!! Thanks for injecting some humor into the day!!!

When I went to the Middle East, I couldn't get used to the little hose thing they use instead of toilet paper.

When I went to France, the bellboy showed me this weird looking bowl in the floor with water outlets. I said "What is that???"
    He politely said, "Monsieur, for the women, it is a bidet.....for you, it is a foot bath."

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    8) Metallicarules has too much free time. ;)

I'm unemployed though so I probably have even more. :)

brad cook

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Glad you got a kick out of it, rick. I have one more funny thing that I got from the same hotel that I'll post if I can find it. Later.

brad cook

11. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Must he take off all clothing and clothing accessories from his waste;) down

12. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    ......thats just...... special......
    now.. im gonna go smile.. while.. i sit on the toilet.. THE CORRECT WAY!

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]

Aaah those wacky thais...oh wait...

14. Oh thats how its done.

I wish they had those signs where i come from.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What's that on his fingers? Are those some kinda "official stainless steel tie pointer-atters?"

Where can I get some??!

brad cook

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That right there is a Zydeco washboard tie with metal thimbles to play it with. No prog-metal band would be complete without one.

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    aah...now I see.

brad cook