1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Those who've switched to programable SansAmp BDDI, any regrets?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vistacruiser, Jan 2, 2007.

1. I've concluded that the SABDDI is the effect I'm looking for. I find myself trying to boost the output of my GK RB800 in hopes of it sounding more like my SVT. Also the SVT could use it at low vol.
    I like the fact that you can program more than one setting, for more drive, differant bass etc. And the prices of the one and three channel units are very close.

So, now that the 3 channel unit has been around a while, does anyone regret switching (no pun intended) over to the programable?
    Does it lack any of the qualities of the one channel?
    At this point I don't have either and would like to hear about any short comings of the new unit to make an informed purchase.
    Thanks

2. Curious as to the answers to this considering I just special ordered one today. They are not shipping until the end of the month.

3. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I bought a used original version, kept it for almost a month and then traded it in for a brand new programmable version as they were on sale for an amazing price this past January. I ended up paying $150.00 Canadian for a new programmable version.

There was a certain mojo that I really liked about the shape and feel of the original unit but there is no doubt that having three patches to save your settings is the way to go. I can hear no difference in the sound quality, the build quality is just as good and the unit isnt overly large or cumbersome.

There is a bit of funny noise when turning the knobs that comes through your amp but that is just because the unit is programable and this noise stops as soon as you're not turning any knobs.

I totally prefer the tone of my Fulltone Bassdrive when it comes to a nice simple light overdrive and I have not incorporated my Sans Amp onto my pedal board. Instead, I keep it as a pocket mini rig that can be taken anywhere and used to go straight to the PA if needed.

I have a nice amp and dont really find any reason to use the Sans Amp all the time but I love having it as a secondary pre amp in the event that its needed. Its also a lot of fun to sit around tweaking it and saving your savings.

For a DI, three channel stomp box and good bass pre amp all in one, there is nothing else that can touch it.

4. Damn you got a good deal.
    Thanks for the review... very positive!

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    SAPBDDI is the way to go. it's the sansamp BDDI times three for pennies more, simple as that. there is no difference in tone. it's just as good as the regular sansamp.

i still keep mine in my utility bag. (i'm using an RBI rack now for live stuff, so i'm not actively using the PBDDI for now... i've cluttered my board up with other cool/useless/darnfun effects.:D) i'll always have it around. it's such a part of my sound, whether in rack or pedal form. i figure when i go record straight into the computer in my guitarist's "bedroom" studio, i've got my basic amp tone right there. and if that one doesn't work.... i've got two others to pick from.

PLUS, who knows when the s**t'll hit the fan and i'll need an emergency DI at a gig.

bottom line: GET A SANSAMP PROGRAMMABLE.

:bassist:

6. Thank you for the replies Crabby and jpb, Thats the info I was looking for. I'm going to check out the Fulltone site also.

7. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Well, I've always owned the 3-channel.... so I can't compare really.... but I LOVE IT!

I have a fat setting, a more transparent/mid-friendly setting, and an overdriven setting.... It's everything I need... and at a $10 difference, I can only imagine the regret I would have felt after buying the single channel version.

8. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Let us know what you end up with!