Thought you guys might want to see this (G&L related)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tekhna, Mar 20, 2005.

1. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    If the mods see this as inappropriate spam, then go ahead and delete this, but this is not my thing going over at HC, I am just posting this as a public service annoucement. I repeat, I am not the organizer of this!

In essence what he is doing is ordering American G&Ls as a dealer, and at dealer prices and then not making any profit off of it, just selling them to us at cost.

I got quoted for a L-2500 for about 625 (seemingly at the most) or so. Nothing is final. Keep in mind these are the US models, not the Tributes. I asked about the tributes, but that is a whole different ballgame.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    This kind of stuff gets done in the car world all the time. Custom ordered El Camino parts are my favorite. We get them custom made and a nice discount, because they're not regularly made.
  3. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

That's pretty cool. I think I am in for a bluebust 2500 with a maple neck, although that Post you G&Ls thread has me really wanting an ASAT. I wish they made a 5 string version of the ASAT. I think the guy in charge of this is planning on putting in the order in April, so I think people might want to jump on this if they are interested. I think I am going to let my Bongo gas go for a bit, because this just seems like too good a deal.
  4. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    My thoughts exactly.
  5. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

If you are implying this is a scam, then I don't really know what to say other than the man in charge is a well-known and respected member of the HC community.
  6. Thanks for the heads up!

I am on the list.