1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thoughts about Darkglass Microtubes 900?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trade a Chest, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Trade a Chest

Trade a Chest

Oct 16, 2017
    Is it versatile? Is it good/bad?

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    "Yes" and "good." :D :thumbsup:

3. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I've had mine for over a year. Probably the most versatile amp I've ever owned. The cleans are crystal clear and very punchy. I bought the intelligent footswtich for mine, and that was probably one of the better purchases I've made. It's nice to be able to switch between the VMT and B2K distortion channels. I don't see myself playing any other amp anytime in the near future. Unless Darkglass brings out something else....

4. As much as I love my Orange and B3K (which is permanently on alongside the Keeley Bassist) I am really starting to think about grabbing the Darkglass M500 or M900, especially as I may have a bit of interstate/international touring next year. So much easier to carry my tone with me when it doesn't weigh 30kg.

I have played with the 900 in store and really love the tones I have gotten out of it. I am not sure how it stacks up against my AD200 when turned up but I have to imagine that, with 900 watts, it is capable of some pretty huge tones.

The cleans are very hifi and it is really easy to dial in the exact amount of gain you are after with either the VMT or B3K circuit.

dukeorock likes this.
  5. I have the 500 and LOVE IT! Working great in the indo-fusion band i'm in and can bring the doom as well :)

6. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021