Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thoughts on 1-12" cab with 2-10" cab (Avatar)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NOLA Bass, Apr 10, 2005.

1. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Time for the new rig. From a cabinet perspective, I love the Bergantino HT322, and I'm intrigued by the Schroeder with the 2-10" and 1-12" speakers. HOWEVER.......
    The value on the Avatar speakers is hard to not consider. I see that their 1-12" cab is now sized to match up and stack with the 2-10" cabs. What are anyone's thoughts on the all in one cab vs. the stack. The great advantage to the stack being portability and saving my back (along with the much cheaper Avatar pricing). I just am concerned you'll lose alot of the low end by using two small boxes vs. one big box.

2. I use two avatar cabs and love the sound. I like the portability also.

Go for it!

3. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    i was thinking about runing this exact setup. i was thinking about getting a 15" instead of a 12". but 12" sounds nice too.

4. You will not lose low end by using two smaller boxes compared to one larger box with multiple drivers. The multi-driver cabs have separate chambers containing one size driver. Think of it as a stack with a large box around it.

5. A 15 cab and a 2 x 10 cab would be an awesome combination.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I run this EXACT rig (SB112 and a B210). The 1x12 does a nice low B and the 2x10 is very punchy and middy! Great, very portable and LOUD combination. Go for it man!

7. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

I, too, use a B210 and SB112!!!! LOVE the flexibility these cabs give me. Use 'em both, use 'em alone!! Together, they make a GREAT smallish stack with great power handling and awesome tone. I use a Rolls Tiny 2-Way Crossover and biamp my Demeter pre at 150-240hz. KILLER rig this way!!! And each cab is great on it's own, too!!! And so damn CHEAP (cost-wise!!!). I wish I had known about Avatar 2 years ago......... :meh:

8. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I use both an Avatar stack (B210/B212), and a Schroeder 21012.

The Avatar is an exceptional value, and puts out a sweet tone.... but the Schroeder is in a different league.

I suppose it all boils down to your budget. :meh:

9. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I would definately get the 210 with a 115 or a 212/2(112). A single 112 IMO won't give you much bottom end for a full range stack. I think the 115 NEO is as much weight, if not lighter than the 112.

10. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I have that exact stack(Delta 210 and SB112) and the 112 does give enough bottom. You will be surprised. One of the best decisions I have ever made. The portability factor is a big plus though. There have been plenty of times when I just took the 112 when I needed some bottom and the 210 when I needed the mids, punch, and pop. You can not beat it.

11. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I have the Avatar 2x10 and 1x15 and this can put out some serious bass. The low B can be quite loud (and boomy) with this. I would suspect that you will get excellent bass response still by susbstituting the 1x12 from Avatar.