1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

thoughts on a new six string.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vittu, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hey guys, its been a while since ive been on but you folks have always had some invaluable input for me. I've been thinking about getting a new six string bass, i currently have a ltd b-206 and i love the feel of it but its got a few let downs for me but nothing major other than the fact that is not neck through, i don't know why but i just don't like bolt ons. I thought about getting a carvin icon 6 so i can have a say in all of the specs but the ltd b-1006 would theoretically be a better version than my current 6 string right idk I'm a little lost just wanted a few things to think about.

I play mostly metal ie. iced earth, iron maiden, some death, but my focus is turning more towards progressive styles like dream theater. any input will help guys thanks. putting a $2000 cap on myself also.

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota

3. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks.

Jan 25, 2011
    Camarillo, CA
    Both nice basses, but for maybe a little more you can get an incredible level of customization with the Carvin. Every year at NAMM I spend a lot of time at the Carvin booth, and their instruments are consistently high quality. I can't comment too much on the ESP, because they zip-tie their instruments to the wall... :meh:

4. That's what i was thinking, I've always liked the looks of carvin but never had the chance to play a nice one. I'm really leaning towards the carvin. id love to get a full custom fodera or some other boutique brand but i also don't want to take out a loan lol

5. rob2966

rob2966

Oct 19, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    EBMM Bongo 6? If you're heading towards Dream Theater anyway. I think they come in under $2K (have looked specifically).

Later
    Rob

6. WWhat do you think about the piezos

7. The bongo does look awesome too, i just like the natural look of the carvin a little more. i wouldn't mind having myungs 6 string with the 5 string neck on it though sounds like it would be fun to play.