1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thoughts on a price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fletz, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    As a supporting member I'd love your feedback. I have a chance to but a black/maple 1983 MIA fender P-bass. Has a non original pg and dimarzio pups and badass II bridge. Weighs a ton but its in good shape. A little ding on the headstock and typical wear abd tear. No chips through the finish.

What's a good fair price to pay?

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I have seen them go from 700 to 1100. In your case you are buying the body and neck and everything else has been swapped out. If you really have to have it I would say no more than 650 to 700....

3. Quite a few mods to that P but ironically, that's exactly what I did to mine and then some....

I wouldn't pay more than $850 for a clean all original 'early 80s P so I'd put value on the modded one at ....

I'd say $550-$650

4. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Thanks all.

5. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    I was thinking about it cuz it's from the year I started playing. I already have a black/maple MIA p from 2008 (great bass).

6. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    To close the loop (sorta) the seller want close to $800.

7. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I would say $500 or $600. The higher would/should include the case. Lesser amount if it does not. IMHO. though..

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    In this economy what the buyer wants and he'll get are definitely two different things. Just look at some of the great deals here on TB and you know it's a buyers market. If you really want it, make him an offer. Worst thing he can say is no.....

9. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Exactly. Gonna go $500 and walk away if he says no.