1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thoughts on Ash/Maple Lull P4 w/ jazz neck (1.5")

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markob, Mar 30, 2015.

1. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    I've owned a M4V so I now the quality and feel of Mikes basses. I'm coming to the realization that in my situation, I don't need all the "extras" I have. Especially the heavy basses. My gigging has reduced to small coffeehouse and wineries which is fine. In fact I love doing the acoustic trio stuff. So I'm thinking of letting go some of the amplification and basses and settle on a nice light weight, easy on the arthritic thumbs (a real bummer) 4 stringer. So opinions on (see title) would be appreciated. Especially in a low to mid volume/small room acoustic flavor. Power would be provided by either a single EA VL 110 or a pair if need be w/ an Ampeg SVT III or GB shuttle 6.2. or a single Berg HT112 w/ aforementioned cab(s)

2. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I don't understand the question. Are you asking if a particular electric bass would influence how loud you would be in certain rooms?

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Sounds like you need a Rob Allen.

4. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    I play a m4 with Bergantino 1 12 and mark bass . The sound is fantastic. My mv 4 weighs 7.6 lbs . I might swap the mark bass for aguilar th 500. I can at any size roo m 2 guitars drus and keys