1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thoughts on Combo Amps $200-$300 Price Range?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassBeginer64, Oct 11, 2018.

1. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Thoughts on Combo Amps $200-$300 Price Range? New or Used
    Very strocked my son is now playing with me and we are short on an amp, looking for a used or new amp for us to practice with, liking a another Fender 100v3 , but very open to other makes............... thoughts - FYI thank you for your input T.B folks !!!!

Stumbo likes this.
  2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Is there a drummer in the picture? Or will there be?

3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
  4. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    jeff7bass likes this.
  5. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    the big box stores will have those at 15% off with free shipping for their halloween sales. you may have to contact the store via phone or live chat, but sam ash and GC and MF will probably all do it.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  6. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Used Fender Rumble V3 100/120 combo.
    Light, Loud and good sound.

7. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have a Roland Cube Bass 100 that I love. It is a discontinued model but they show up on Reverb and Ebay for around $300. I use the one I have at home for upright bass in one venue but like it so much I bought another to leave at church. I play a 6 string electric through that one and you have to hear it to believe how great it sounds.

A friend who was in the Air Force band tried the later model Cube Bass 120 while in the AF and hated it. I have not personally tried the 120.

8. For new in that price range it's going to be hard to beat the Fender Rumble 100. However, as jeff7bass mentioned, a drummer would likely require more capability from the amp, and neccessitate buying used - you will have plenty of used options in your area. You can always ask about particular models that you find available.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  9. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Thanks all, went with another Rumble 100, bought a Demo from G/C $245 shipped.

Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  10. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Now you need to come over to the Fender Rumble Club thread in the Amps & Cabs forum and get number. There is also a ton of useful information about the Rumble amps and almost 1000 happy Rumble owners. I personally own 5 Rumble amps and 1 2x10 cab.

SmokinJoe992 likes this.
  11. BassBeginer64

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Well this will be the 3rd Fender Rumble, have a 100v3 at home, my son has the 75, and this one coming in is for my shop when the place quiets down and I can get loud.

12. Bruiser Stone

Bruiser Stone Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    I really liked the tone from my Genz Benz ML 200 15” combo. Used Genz stuff is reasonably priced and seems to be regarded highly among TB’ers.

AstroSonic likes this.
  13. Jewce

Jewce

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    Get a little fender 15. Or if going cheaper, a peavey 15 combo sounds very nice too.

14. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    I don't know how you guys keep up with a drummer, even w a single 15., unless it's a high end cab.

15. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    GK all day

16. zoonose

zoonose

Apr 4, 2005
    Alexandria, LA
    I've never had trouble keeping up with a drummer with 100 or 200 watts through a single 15. Guitarists, on the other hand...:rollno:

17. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Don't forget the Ampeg and Peavey combos. Lotta punch for little money.

zoonose likes this.
  18. AcridSaint

AcridSaint ベーシスト Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Raleigh
    I don't play well.
    They key is to have a decent drummer.