1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thoughts on epifani ps410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kimal, Aug 16, 2007.

1. kimal

kimal

Jul 23, 2007
    i have a little mark ii, with a warwick corvette ltd (2002 version)....and im looking to get a cabinet...im interested in the ps410...i hear it has a lot of low and low mid....im wondering if that equates to it being muddy at all...or if it retains that clarity in the upper registers...if anyone could chime in on this thatd be awesome

2. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    I played through it at NAMM of 06 and listed to Brian Brumberg and Andrew Gouche play through it and also play through two PS115's for 3 days. The PS410 didn't get muddy at all, it retained it's mids and highs as did the two PS115's except the PS115's added an extened low end while the PS410 added the punch. The PS410 had a warmth throughout it's tonal voicing. The only thing I didn't care for on the PS410 was that it was taller and heavier than my UL410. But I liked the PS series so well that I purchase 2-PS112's and sold my UL112's.

3. kimal

kimal

Jul 23, 2007
    hmm interesting...i was really starting to look at the bergs and glockenklang 1x12s but now im wondering if should save some money and go the ps112 route....

4. Basseroni

Basseroni

Oct 17, 2006
    Southern California
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Dunlop/MXR
    I own the PS 600 and the PS 410 and I will tell you that it's THE best amp system I've ever owned. I have more headroom than I need in a large venue and it's CLEAN. I almost NEVER have to turn the volume on my amp past flat and if I do it's very little. It has plenty of mids, lows, highs and it cuts through a loud band situation with ease.

The PS112 sounds like a good idea, too, though I've never heard one. As a matter of fact, you can't go wrong with ANY amp system from Epifani. I also feel this way about Aguilar but those cabinets (4x10s) are most definitely too heavy for me.

The PS410 is not really as heavy as you think. I have an Ampeg BA210SP combo and that is heavier than the PS410 though the PS410 is taller. Go figure.