1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thoughts on Fender Rumble 100 with MIM jazz bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JamesonFinnigan, Oct 22, 2018.

1. JamesonFinnigan

JamesonFinnigan

Mar 28, 2018
    I’m thinking about purchasing a Fender Rumble 100 but I’d like to hear some opinions on the amp paired with a made in Mexico jazz bass (I own a 2010 made in Mexico road worn 60s reissue jazz bass)

2. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    I've only ever played the 500 but I don't really see how you could go wrong...

G-Dog likes this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    It should be great.

Did you have specific questions?

Or were you just wondering if those two will work well together? Because if this is the case, it will be a great setup.

Welcome to TalkBass!!!!

G-Dog and JACink like this.
  4. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    As @twofingers says, the combination should be great (and welcome to Talkbass).

If you are in search of experiences with this combo, check out Fender Rumble Club

G-Dog likes this.
  5. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight. Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I have a '63 J with flats, a '13 SG with rounds and a 200 combo. Both sound great through it.

You don't say how you'll be using the amp, but if you'll ever be playing a guitar through it, I'd recommend the 200 vs the 100. It's got a switchable treble compression horn. Guitars sound great through it. Not so much the 100.

Rumble on!