Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thoughts on garageband.com

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by vintageampeg, Aug 1, 2005.

1. vintageampeg

vintageampeg Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Hey another thread prompted me to ask ya all, are you guys using garageband.com to it's full potential?

I just recently started up with it, and have been having a blast watching our song move around the "Americana" chart and get great reviews. I also love the review writing.

Anyway, what are you guys doing with it, and are there any good success stories?

2. Never heard of it, but suddenly I think "Garageband" would be a great name for a band... LOL :D

You'd have to be really good to pull it off though... hate to suck and have to deal with hecklers with a band name like that... :spit: :spit:

Randy

3. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    It's pretty cool. Shows, recording help and lots of contacts.

4. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    bump

5. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i posted my band on there a long time ago, but got tired of messing with it. that website was just too much high maintenance for what i wanted/needed out of it.

but there is a lot of really good music in there amongst the garbage. :)

6. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    did it help at all? put any butts in seats?

7. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    no help at all. about 98% of the time i spent reviewing other peoples music (which is actually fun but very time consuming) just to get my bands songs reviewed. of all the reviews, only about 15% were even slightly relevant. for example, i was told that one of our songs sounded like a rip off of Sabbaths NIB. i laughed so hard at that because the only thing we had in common with that song was that we had a drummer and sometimes an E note was played. :)

in all fairness, i havent been on that site in awhile. i should probably check in and see if anything has changed.