Thoughts on how to make this bass look better

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Iofflight, Jan 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    i disagree with this statement in the strongest possible terms. i love a good hippie sandwich.

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Exactly my thought. And RE-staining without messing up the wood adjacent to the area you're working on would be a pain.

Don't like the matte finish? Polish the gee-whiz out of it and you may be able to polish off the matte effect.

I also disagree strongly. The alternating light-dark wood is a lovely touch, and one that clearly indicates this bass is a well-made piece of craftsmanship. IMO covering this would severely harm the visual impact of the bass.

Iofflight likes this.
  3. Iofflight

Iofflight Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Yeah ultimately it would be nice if the grain popped more and it were a bit glossier. That said there is an error on the stain near the neck pick up. It’s not easy to see but it’s why this was a b stock purchase.

4. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    Get another bass and you might not care about this ones petty finish issues.

5. Iofflight

Iofflight Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Too late I actually have a fender jazz on the way.

6. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Ditto on this. I love the flamed maple stripe on my Ibanez!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021