Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

thoughts on new SWR WorkingPro's 400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Anarchyok, Jul 5, 2005.

1. I've currently got an older Workingmans 4004, which is great but hasn't got the huge low end im after. After a brief try out of the WorkingPro, it seems to have more low end, esp with the bass intensifier circuit on. Any experience with these amps?

2. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    i recently bought the full wp400 rig, head, 210 and 115. it's great, clear, punchy and great response. very versatile, but that's me coming from a gain, three band eq and volume!

i would definately reccomend them.

3. I have the 4004 as well, and its been great so far but part of me wishes I had done a little more research or spent a little more money (G-K, Ampeg, something like that) Anyway I had the opportunity to try out a WorkingPro head today and I think it was the 400. It sounded good and had decent volume, although I was playing a Modulus Q5 so that could have made it seem somewhat better than what I was used to. One of the things I don't like about the new SWR heads is they have too many bells and whistles built in; the higher end ones at least. I don't like how you can't buy a quality head from them without it having built in SubWave effects or overdrive or this "bass intensifier" thing. The Aural Enhance knob is enough for me. I guess im just ranting so nevermind... it sounded pretty good once I figured everything out.

4. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Has anyone determined what if any internal differences this new line has over the one it replaced? People say that Fender just did a cosmetic change and a more gender-neutral renaming, but not having seen the insides, I'd be hesitant to accept that.

Thanks for any hard info.