Thoughts on Nordy pickups in a Lakland 55-94

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by CTC564, Oct 10, 2011.

1. CTC564

CTC564 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Toms River,NJ
    Having never heard of these pickups before, I'm wondering if anyone has any insight regarding how they sound compared to the stock LH-3 system...

2. Kmose

Kmose

Feb 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Lakland, Aguilar
    I am wondering the same thing. I am interested in the Big Splits, even though they aren't an exact fit in the 55-94.

3. nozkcb

nozkcb Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I'm VERY interested in the same thing for my 44-94 to replace the Barts that are in it now. I'm looking for a more organic and aggressive sound and from what I've heard from other Nordstrand pickups in other basses, this is the way to go.

Someone has to have a story to tell on this. . . .

4. CTC564

CTC564 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Toms River,NJ
    Long overdue bump

Can anyone help with opinions/description of Norstrand pickups?

5. liquid sunshine

liquid sunshine

Jul 24, 2010
    you should come up with a lot of results with a search. i have read many threads on the subject. Also check on youtube where you can find a few good videos. I have some interest in a glock pre and delano pickups in my 55-02. Over all i'm pretty happy with the LH system, mostly because i use minimal boost on the bass and treble and almost never any on the mids which seem to distort very quickly.

6. Never heard of Nordstrand? Where have you been hiding? They make the best pickups in the business and some of the best Jazz Basses. Not the exact pickup config you need, but gives you an idea.
    In Spanish, but youll get it.
    Modificación Lakland 55-01 con Nords Fat stacks. - YouTube

7. CTC564

CTC564 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Toms River,NJ
    I opted to step away from the music scene 12 years ago due to a family emergency and just got back into playing last March...

Thanks for the link :)

8. Understandable - I took a 4 year break at one time. Technology changed quickly and new amazing stuff comes out all of the time. Nordstrand is fairly recent. New amp and speaker technology is crazy color too! 900w amps that only weigh 4 lbs. light weight speakers. My rig now puts out 600w and only weighs in at 60lbs. Fits in my trunk. My old rig weighed in at 225lbs and needed a van/truck/SUV

nordstrand pickups > welcome

Nordstrand Guitars - Home

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021