Thoughts on Schecter Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soapbox Prophet, Jul 16, 2001.

1. I am curious about schecter i really like the feel (and sound) of the Fender Deluxe Jazz, but the body design is so old and overdone to me.....i really like the way the Schecter AB looks and the Stiletto, but i dont have a shop around here (conyers, ga) to toy around with one. Can anyone give me some insight to these basses? like sound, weight, and feel. I kinda want something light, with a bright rancid style sound....the amp i use is a 1982 Peavey Mark IV amp....and i play through one fender 15' but im looking at the ampeg 610HLF..... alright thanks!

Chris Murray
  2. Listen to either of the Burning Airlines records. They use Schecter guitars exclusively. They can't be beat as far as construction goes. Just make sure to get the actual American made stuff, not the Diamond Series, which is actually decent for stuff made in Korea.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Deynn, are you out there? This guy is asking about Schecter basses.

Soapbox Prophet, one of our moderators, Deynn has a Schecter.

Maybe he'll see the thread this time.
  4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    I do, indeed have a Schecter bass. It is a Diamond series model AB1+. I have heard some criticism about the Diamond series basses, but am not sure why, as I have found MY bass to be excellent in every aspect.
    Not only do I feel in absolute control with this bass ( it does everything I ask of it)....but it also leads me into deeeper bass waters. :)
    A choice of instrument is EXTREMELY subjective, but I am happy, content, and satisfied with my Schecter bass. All I can to try one for yourself and see how it works out for you.
    If anyone wants more info about my bass....please feel free to email me.
  5. I got a little antsy to get a new bass so I won a 1998 ESP Ltd B204 off of eBay....the total cost came out to $205....I'm a little worried that there could be something wrong with it considering it was so cheap, but the seller (guitarweb) has excellent feedback for the most part. Does anyone have any suggestions for what kind of pickups I should replace the stock ones with? It is an active P/J configuration....I use a pick and I really like a deep rich low end with a clear high end (similar to a rickenbacker's sound). Alright thanks!
  6. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    No offense, but generally ESP's aren't expensive basses. :)
  7. Yea, ESPs aren't that expensive of basses, unless you get a custom. And last time I checked the B204 was the mid line of the ESPs as well. It is also odd that you say it has the P/J combo, because the ones produced now have the dual soapbars.
  8. I called the guy to confirm the payment and what not and he said that ESP was clearing out all their old 99 and earlier that could explain the P/J configuration. I think i might email ESP and ask them about it....but so long as the bass sounds fine and plays well im not going to be complaining too much.
  9. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    That is a sexy bass.

I would love a lefty version of that bass, i am trying to see if any UK shops stock these basses.