Thoughts on Soundbrenner vibrating metronome

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by warx, Sep 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. warx

warx

Sep 13, 2010
    Marin, CA
    Just saw a video of it today. Pretty different concept.

2. NoElephant

NoElephant Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I have one. I've used it some. The interface is the surface, which you touch, and the outer dial which you can use to slow down / speed up the beat. You can also connect it to your phone and set the exact BPM that you want.

I liked using it better than a regular metronome - I liked the vibration better than an audible pulse. I felt like I had to fuss with it too much to get it to do what I wanted. If it were simpler I would use it more. (It could use an internal display that shows current bpm, set by the outer dial instead of the gesture interface and phone app.)

warx likes this.
  3. BostonJazz72

BostonJazz72

Nov 30, 2010
    Chicago
    Hi - Just seeing this post about the Soundbrenner. I can understand why Metal guys wouldn't be able to use it bc the pulse would not be loud enough. However, as a practice tool (solo) I am finding it very useful. It took a while to get use to the pulse versus the click; however, with the app you can make it click too. However, I am enjoying just the pulse. Before I would rarely practice with a metronome b/c I thought my time was decent, but after using this for a few weeks I have rethought that. All in all a great product. I bought mine from GC for $80.

warx likes this.
  4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

BostonJazz72 , i noticed you put a similar/same response in another thread covering the device. i have a question: did you ever use it while another player(s) also used it --- both of you 'feeling' the same, synced pulse? and if not: do you know anyone who has, and what they seemed to think about its use for a group of ensemble players? thanks, jim.