1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thoughts on the Eden Amplification WTDI Preamp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ross Hudson, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ross Hudson

Ross Hudson

Sep 6, 2018
    Has anyone tried one of these out? I wanna know feedback before I get one. Any other preamp suggestions too?

Rumbledore likes this.
  2. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    It was all the rage here years ago when it came out. On pedalboards of all types. Then, like with everything here - it disappeared.

It works. It's good. It's not the flavor of the month.

3. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    It's a good preamp. I had one for years. Only sold it because I didn't use it much, and a friend kept asking to buy it. I liked it. It just depends on what you're looking for tonewise. It sounds clean, has a nice EQ, definitely has the Eden tone.

4. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Great Eden tone in a box. Plain and simple. I used mine with a Sansamp clone and it always sounded great. Pretty touchy EQ and power supply requirements, IIRC.

I would definitely use another one if I needed that particular sound. My clean tone needs evolved past the WTDI.

5. I don't gig without it in my case. It saved my ass on one gig when my amp died because a sound guy (drunk) fed it phantom power. Very useful in the studio too.

6. ELxNIGHTHAWK

ELxNIGHTHAWK

Apr 18, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    I just purchased one last month and it sounds great. Plays clean, the EQ works great, and it sounds like the Eden amps I have tried. Couldn't be happier with it!