1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thoughts on the Panda Audio Future Impact

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by George Law, Apr 12, 2018.

1. George Law

George Law

Jul 16, 2017
    Hey everyone, after seeing a few demo videos on Youtube, I'm having a little bit of trouble talking myself out of buying a Panda Audio Future Impact, some of the synth/envelope filter sounds people are getting are just absolutely ridiculously good, there are no local shops that stock them and there doesn't seem to be anyone near me that has one so I can't try one, have any of you had a chance to try one? if so what do you think of them, is there anything of equal or better quality to consider, maybe at a slightly less crazy price point (£330 in Thomann) I've had a digitech bass synth wah which was a bit of a joke really, sounded very cheap but luckily they were £35 at the time, I suppose that was to be expected :) cheers

2. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Just buy it. You won't have any trouble selling it if you don't like it. But trust me, you will love it.

George Law and Seanbassplayer like this.
  3. Seanbassplayer

Seanbassplayer

Oct 14, 2016
    Agreed.. I have been keeping an eye in the classifieds and only 2 have come up in the last month and are sold within hours after its listed. I now am "watching" the effects classified thread for one but timing is critical lol

DirtyDuke and George Law like this.
  4. George Law

George Law

Jul 16, 2017
    I think it's time to get saving then :), cheers guys that's exactly the advice I was after, now I feel justified in buying it :)

Seanbassplayer and arrowsun like this.
  5. Pesso86

Pesso86

May 10, 2018
    I'm in a similar situation as George Law, I am considering buying it, but I have one curiosity for which I can't find a 100% sure answer. There are several "traditional" effect packed in the pedal, effects such as flangers, chorus and so on. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a preset just for a chorus or any other of these effect? The reason why I ask is that it would be easier to justify the expense to myself if I could use it also for traditional effects
    I know, it sounds like I am arguing with myself. That's not far from the truth :-D

6. Jonny5bass

Jonny5bass Supporting Member

May 3, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    It has some presets of just chorus and it’s pretty good. You can also edit some to have the traditional effects you mention.

7. Pesso86

Pesso86

May 10, 2018
    Thanks for the info! Apparently I have no reason not to buy this thing

Jonny5bass likes this.
  8. Shadowkast

Shadowkast

Aug 20, 2016
    The Dreadfort
    Well, I'll play devil's advocate, in the interest of sharing information and laying out options for your consideration.

You can purchase an actual analog or digital synthesizer for less money than this pedal. And although I've never used the Future Impact, I have a few mono analog synths as well as some digitals that are good for bass and are relatively easy to play, even if you aren't normally a keys player. And they sound HUGE.

But yeah, if you're dead set against another instrument and want this pedal, the FI is probably the best there is for this effect. Great sounds, presets, and a strong user community to share tips and ask the developer for things. It does seem to be the grand daddy of synth pedals. There's the Boss the SY-300 as well, but I think it sounds mostly cheesy and thin as hell.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Tori2013 likes this.
  9. Pesso86

Pesso86

May 10, 2018
    Thanks for the opinion but I tried other synth pedals and they either have huge tracking issue or the sound is not convincing me. I want something that can get as close as possible to a proper bass synth without having to learn to play the keyboard and the FI is the best option in this sense