thoughts on the Schecter Stiletto Studio Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hi people!!!

I am looking for a nice 6 string. I think I am in love with this bass.

It is so... classy. It sends shivers down my spine.

Has anyone played it? Do any of you own it? What do you all think? I want to play one somewhere before I order one through GC (I hate middle-men).

What do you all think of it? Thanks to all who give info.

Can't beat the price either... Only 1K...

Stiletto Studio 6 website at

2. steveg

Feb 26, 2002
    Madison, WI
    I haven't tried the 6-string, but I helped a friend's wife pick out the four string version as a gift for my friend. It's a very nice bass. I tried a 5-er myself and almost bought one, but I found a used Hamer Cruise 5 that really tripped my trigger and got that instead.
  3. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I have the Stiletto Studio [edit] elite [/edit] 4 that I bought a couple of weeks ago and I love it! First thing I do every day when I get home is break it out and play. :D

I'm relatively new to bass, and this is only my second one (first is a Squier P) so I can't really compare it to anything, but everyone I've let check it out (bass teach, g***ar playing bud) has really dug it.

I went to 7 different music stores and played every type of bass they had, and this one just said "Take me home!". I managed to contain the GAS for about a week before I could stand it no longer and had to fly back to the store to get it!

Gary at East Coast Music Mall could've been blowing smoke, but even he said he thought it was the best value in the store.

I would see if you could get a music store to get one for you to play. I totally dig mine.

If MSRP is $999, you should be able to get it for less. MSRP on the 4 stringer is 899 and I paid 589 for it (I've seen the 4 advertised for that at a couple of places).
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I known that the list price is 1K. I dunno what MSPR stands for...

I was talking to a friend of mine who plays guitar. He is a really good player and in a really successful local band. He said that I could probably get it for $699. He got a Schecter artist model guitar (the guy from Alien Ant Farm) through GC. It's list was $999 (like the 6 string bass I want) and he got it for $699. I'm gonna call GC later and see what the price is.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i think they're pretty nice basses for the money.
  6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i helped my guitarist pick out a bass a while ago and thats the one we settled on. I thought it sounded better than anything in its price range except for a used G&L, but the G&L was all beat up. I just listened and didnt really play it, and it thought it sounded real good, he got the 5 string version. I forgot my bass at small show and he let me borrow it and hated it. I hated the feel and the B string sucked i thought. I really only play 4 strings cuz its hard to find a good B but the neck was all awkward and it hung wierd. If u think its comfortable to play and such then your set. I think it sounds great, the only issue i had was the feel, but that differs from person to person.
  7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    MSRP == Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
    Basically MSRP is the same as list price, but you should never pay list on a bass IME. You should be able to find them sold for roughly 30% off list.
  8. I just bought a Schecter Stilletto Elite 004, It's MIK, but I love the sound and feel of it. The Diamond Series are all MIK (made in Korea), I think the MIA's are supposed to be "better"? I really like mine. Only other bass I would consider at this time, would be a 5 string Fretless, custom made.:)
  9. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    MSRP stands for "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price", which is the same thing as List Price

- Frank.