Thoughts on these basses? Anyone play/try any of them?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Hey everyone,
    I am in the market for a new bass, and here's what I like...

I liek the overall tone of stingrays, and I also really liek the sound of warwick. I am looking for a nice bass to give me versatile tone, but in particular, good slap and fingerstyle tone. I play in a jam/rock band. My 'thing' is solid/ample Lows...Very good, punchy low mids and mids...solid high mids, and clear (but not harsh) highs...so I want a sound that will cut through the mix well, but still provide solid low end so I can rumble some chests when necessary.

I am looking at the following...
    Warwick Rockbass Corvette SE
    Warwick FNA
    Ibanez SRX 700...

Any other suggestions? Any thoguhts on these basses?

I am kind of going for a Rob Derhak type of tone...(the bass player from moe.)...but I'm not looking for identical...thats just an idea to base my tone from.

Also, I know he uses the SRX series ibanesz, but I'm keeping all options open...

Thanks
    Graham

2. rob derhay plays stingrays, and he plays a modulus. if that helps at all.:)

3. No,
    He used to play stingrays...and that was a custom MM style 5'er...not a modulus. He recently switched to the Ibanez SRX series though...he no longer plays the rays...

4. not to be an a-hole, but i'm almost positive he plays a modulus. at least he did when i saw him play a show in boston in july. looked like a flea bass.

5. I know the one your talking about...the like metallic blue one with a white pearloid pickgaurd (I htink thats what you are talking about)...has like a captain america sticker on it I believe. but I was told that it is a custom MM style 5 that he had made.

But if that is a modulus...my mistake. The MM swicth to Ibanez I am sure about though...

I'm curious as to why he like sthem better...

6. Well...
    After consulting some pics, you win the modulus battle. I wish I could remember who it was that told me it was a custom made bass. Good call...

You shoudl see the pictures of his new Ibanez custom SRX...It looks real nice!

Anywho...on with the comments and help...anyone????

7. nobody