1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thoughts on this Bag End cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thejumpcat, Mar 22, 2013.

1. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat

Sep 30, 2007
    metro-Detroit
    There's a Bag End 2x12 for sale in the TB classfieds. I don't know jack about specs, but I found these on Bag End's website.

Sensitivity (in dBspl) -- 1 Watt/1 Meter 103
    Frequency Response -- 50-5kHz

How are these numbers? I'd be using this with an older GK400RB head.

Currently using an LDS 1x15, which is 8 ohms and weights around 45 pounds.

I had a Bag End 1x15 when I first started years ago, and I really dug it. I realize this is a beast at 77 pounds, and I THINK I'm willing to deal with that.

Play a P and upright in a jump blues band, if that influences anyone's opinions on what this rig would sound like.

Thanks!

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    77 lbs you must have a young strong back sir.

3. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat

Sep 30, 2007
    metro-Detroit
    Nay, I don't. That is the major drawback. I always debate -- how important is the weight. I keep my cabinet in my car, so it's the move from the vehicle to the stage. For most of the clubs I play, it's not too big of a deal. For some, with stairs, it's a pain. I don't gig a lot -- 4 times a month max. I just have to decide if the sound is worth the weight.

4. Actually jumpcat, I'd be interested in hearing your experience with the Bag End 15 powered with a GK 400RB. I have the same set up (older 400RB and a s15d) p bass with flats, and an upright with K&K Rockabilly pickup. Can't put any boost into it without it "farting out". Wonder if you had better luck.

Thanks