1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

thoughts on this cabinet? vintage fender 2x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Indiana Mike, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
  2. the mojo hobo

the mojo hobo

Nov 13, 2005
    Ohio
    It looks like it actually has D-140F speakers, ehich is what you want for bass. It is bargian priced, grab it.

3. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I have one just like it. I bought it unloaded and put some speakers I had in my garage in it, and I think it sounds awesome.

4. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    I'd be all over it.

5. ncapone

ncapone

Nov 17, 2010
    Buy it and match it with a 1973 bassman head.

6. D-130's and D-140's look the same from the grill. D-130 are killer for guitar but very limited for bass. That is the shallow cab and really not all that great for bass use but you could recoup that cost from the D-130's alone.

7. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    closer look at the pics and they are d140

8. Ah so sorry I didn't scroll down! :oops:

The speakers are worth more than the cab price easy. With proper EQ you could push maybe 200 watts into the pair safely!

Cab is still just a looker though.

9. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    I sold off my Fender 2x15 when I was a guitar player. Now bass player me wants to go back in time and kick then guitar player me in the nuts. Sweet cabinet.