1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thoughts on this rig....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CameronF, Apr 28, 2010.

1. CameronF

CameronF

Oct 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Im looking at a SWR-500 and 2 SWR Goliath 3 4x10 Cabs. Any thoughts on this rig? Im buying it for $850. I will be replacing a GK Backline 600 and 4x10 GLX.

2. Should sound great... big improvement from what you are using now.

Sound like a really good price too. An added bonus would be if the items were made in the USA before the F-word buyout.

3. CameronF

CameronF

Oct 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Haha. Ill have to ask him when they were made... when was the Fen..... F-word buyout? How does this compete against an Ampeg SVT-3 Pro and a 4x10 BLX Cab

4. Not sure when the buyout was. It will say on the back of the amp if it was made in the us.

IMO, this setup will blow the Ampeg out ofthe water. SVT III is over rated in power and I bet even one of those SWR cabs with the SWR head will put out more than the Ampeg rig.

Are those cabs 4 or 8 ohms?

5. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    +1

Snap this up before he changes his mind,

6. CameronF

CameronF

Oct 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think they are 8ohms... but thats another question I put in the email... the original Goliath 3 was 8 ohms which is what was pictured... but then later on they released Goliath 3 (4 ohm) and (8 ohm) editions... but im about 95% positive there 8ohms... Im probably going to go listen to them in a day or two.

7. Ok you should be good at 8 ohms... just make sure youre head will go 2 ohms if they are 2x4 ohm cabs being used at the same time.

8. CameronF

CameronF

Oct 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I Pmed you the link just so you could look at them and get a better look see.

Hes been using them together and having no problems so I think I should be good.

9. pbass62

pbass62

Sep 24, 2007
    Concord NC
    Big Improvement over the GK system

10. CameronF

CameronF

Oct 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Im also looking at an SVT-3 Pro and a 4x10 BLX cab for $1,000

Thoughts?

11. Whitbass

Whitbass

Jan 22, 2010
    If that rig is in decent condition, sounds like a nice deal to me. I "think" the III series Goliath was SWR w/ PAS woofers....maybe it was the IV series that under the F....

I've had some experience with G III Jrs, good cabs.....

12. CameronF

CameronF

Oct 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good news boys... its USA made before the F-Word buyout.

13. CameronF

CameronF

Oct 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Even better news. Look whats in my living room!

ff83f200.

= D

This is purebread pre f-word american made in CA SWR gear. Sounds amazing... you were all right. BLOWS that ampeg straight out of the water.... video soon of me playing it = D