1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thoughts on this setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jonny, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jonny

Jonny

Jan 2, 2016
    Hey everyone,

I have the opportunity to purchase a hartke rig for $375. Included is an ha2500 head (250W @ 8 ohm, 175W @ 4 ohm), a hartke vx410 cab, a rack case for the head, and a power conditioner. Is this a good deal? Is there something better that I could buy in this price range? My cap is actually much higher (about $800), but I love the hartke sound and $400 is definitely better than $800. What do you think?

2. FilTurd

FilTurd

Dec 13, 2015
    Pacific Northwest
    Sounds like a good deal. I think whats important is if you'd be happy with it in the long run..

3. CaseyJ

CaseyJ

Jul 28, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    That price is decent. I am wondering if you will be ok with 250watts. I went through this last year when I bought a Hartke head that was 250 watts at 4 Ohms. It ended up being almost enough power. I had to turn around a month later and get the 500watt version. Depending on your music style, and volume needs, this would be question for you.

4. Hold out for the same amp that's rated for 175W at 8 Ohms and 250 at 4.:woot:

BassmanPaul and basscooker like this.
  5. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    See if you can get it for less without the power conditioner. But seems like a fair deal otherwise. Make sure you give it a good workout before you pony up.

OGB I read right past that, haha

Old Garage-Bander likes this.