Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thoughts on Traynor YBA200/YBX150

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt Call, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Man. I just saw these. I've heard good things about Traynor, and $600 for an all tube head....

That's awesome. Am I not mistaken, or are those the same tubes that are in the AGuilar DB359's? Of course, it won't sound the same, but still. I'm very close to buying this head and cab. I'd like to see what people think about them first. Wow! This could be just what I'm looking for.

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I assume you mean the YBX1510. Love the head; didn't care for the cab. Lots of better cabs out there for the same (or less) money, IMHO.... an Avatar 4x10 or 2x12 comes to mind. A search should turn up a few other opinions.

Do keep in mnd it's a 200W head. Excellent tone, but if you're doing any outdoor shows or large rooms, it may be a bit weak.

If you buy this head, do check out Brent Norton's thread where he reports on swapping out the preamp tubes. I followed Brent's lead; it's an easy mod that takes about $40 of parts, and it gives amazing results.