1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thread ideas in bed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 27, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I have recently had ideas for many good threads in bed right before I fall a sleep but I have the hardest time recalling them next day at the PC. Fuzzy Moments ! :D

2. be like a writter, carry around a tape recorder to record your ideas

3. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    Yeah, do that or have a little notebook to jot your ideas down in. Then, with the newly remembered threads you'll sure pass Munji up in post counts. :D

4. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Actually, I find that intersting as well, since I seem to think about things that are really important to me, or how to fix problems in life right before I get to sleep. I should really write those down, since they seem to be great ideas....I just never remember em' :D

5. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    I would simply get up and post honestly

I keep a journal on my headboard next to my bible. I suggest you do something similar

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Get a laptop! I'm in bed and online right now; it's possibly the greatest experience ever.

7. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    FOR SHAME!!!

8. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    you guys need the astronaut pen!:p

9. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Forget that!

We had the Canadian Arm!!
    [​IMG]

10. Even worse than having ideas in bed before you go to sleep, what about great ideas while you are sleeping! I dream up so many good story/movie ideas, and just plain great ideas in general. I really need to start making one of those sleep journals, but whenever I wake up I have very brooding thoughts. I wake up thinking "DIE ALARM CLOCK.. I DON'T WANT TO GO TO CLASS!..etc," rather than "hey that was an awesome dream, let me right that down."

11. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Dude, he just started instant messaging, slow down turbo :D

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Good thing you added possibly in there. Get yourself a wife, and then you'll find out some other things WAY better to do in bed.

-Mike

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

It's certainly an idea !

14. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I have something better than a wife, a girlfriend. I prefer to do what you are talking about all over the house, rather than just the bed.

:bag:

15. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Yesterday, I was listening to David Crosby on the radio. He said he got great song ideas right before falling asleep. He said it was a pretty well-documented phenomena among the creative types and all the posters suggesting notebooks/recorders/laptops are right on.

Given the high quality and quantity of your fully-conscious threads, I'm looking forward to one of these twilight-time threads when the elves take over the Major's workshop.

16. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Whenever I think of new threads outside of TB, I usually end up scrapping the idea when it comes down to pulling the trigger...not because of any touchy issues, but because a lot of those ideas would make crappy threads. This is a consideration I wish a lot of folks would take when making their own threads on this and other forums.

17. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I was checking my "concepts" in my cellphone a couple of days ago and I saw that I had written down a dream I had. The dream contained: Yasmin, 60's clothing, Pink Floyd discussion, old school, crush.

Very weird because it made perfectly sense when I wrote it down.

18. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    things like this always pop into my mind, sometimes thread ideas but almost always song ideas. i carry around a notebook for this ideas in my backpack wherever i go and put it on my nightstand at night, along with a light up pen:D

19. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    "I sit at my hotel at night, I think of something that's funny, then I go get a pen and I write it down. Or if the pen's too far away, I have to convince myself that what I thought of ain't funny."

--Mitch Hedberg

20. Careful...it's really hard to clean between the keys.