Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thread Killing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why am I such a thread killer? I have killed atleast 18 posts since I have been here. What gives? I was hoping that my unpopularity wouldn't have been transfered onto TB :bawl: :p. Do you guys have similar numbers, or am I just lame? BTW, this is a semi-serious post. And I know you guys aren't gonna respond just to let me kill this thread also, lol. I love you guys.

2. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    once I ate a potato....and it was good.

I have recently begun simply smashing my baked potatoes skin and all after getting fed up with trying to get the damn skin off in one piece. Ketchup on smashed baked potatoes is damn good.

:D there I killed your thread before you even had a chance to! HAHAHA!!!

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I now the feeling. Please let me kill this one for you.

:p

Edit: Damn! Too late!!! :spit:

4. you know, i had a really cool idea.
    I was at a friend's house, and in the kitchen, his mum's mashed potatoes & cheese were sitting in a pan, i started poking at it.. squigdy, but then alight bulb lit in my head.... A MASH POTATOE BOMB!

Can you seriously imagine how funny that would be?
    mashed 'tatties in a thin bag, then fused. I havent looked into what kind of explosive i could use to make the tatties projectile, but i reckon it'd be hilarious!

uh, where were we? <-- aliteration at best!

:rolleyes: :)

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Potato? Howsabout those mini diskettes? Orange in color, What's on it?

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  7. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I lost a button once - it was a really nice butto.....

8. There was a thread about this a while back. And I kill many threads also.

9. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    being a thread killa' is fun!! :bassist: :D

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    A cat is penned up in a steel chamber, along with the following diabolical device (which must be secured against direct interference by the cat): in a Geiger counter there is a tiny bit of radioactive substance, so small that perhaps in the course of one hour one of the atoms decays, but also, with equal probability, perhaps none; if it happens, the counter tube discharges and through a relay releases a hammer which shatters a small flask of hydrocyanic acid. If one has left this entire system to itself for an hour, one would say that the cat still lives if meanwhile no atom has decayed. The first atomic decay would have poisoned it. The Psi function for the entire system would express this by having in it the living and the dead cat (pardon the expression) mixed or smeared out in equal parts.

It is typical of these cases that an indeterminacy originally restricted to the atomic domain becomes transformed into macroscopic indeterminacy, which can then be resolved by direct observation. That prevents us from so naively accepting as valid a ``blurred model'' for representing reality. In itself it would not embody anything unclear or contradictory. There is a difference between a shaky or out-of-focus photograph and a snapshot of clouds and fog banks.

We know that superposition of possible outcomes must exist simultaneously at a microscopic level because we can observe interference effects from these. We know (at least most of us know) that the cat in the box is dead, alive or dying and not in a smeared out state between the alternatives. When and how does the model of many microscopic possibilities resolve itself into a particular macroscopic state? When and how does the fog bank of microscopic possibilities transform itself to the blurred picture we have of a definite macroscopic state. That is the measurement problem and Schrödinger's cat is a simple and elegant explanations of that problem.

11. ENOUGH OF THE FRIGGIN CATS ALREADY!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :spit: :spit:

:D

12. We are simply in awe of your reasoning and your ability to sum up the whole content of a thread in a single post and at the same time predict in which direction the thread will evolve and answering those future queries that will undoubtably come up. Once your post has been made we are filled with a sense of closure and see no reason to try and add anything to the thread since all our attempts will be in vain. Well done, indeed. We salute you.

13. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    IT'S GOING INTO ARREST!!!!

GET THE DEFIBRILLATOR!!!!

PADS ON!!

I HAVE TONE!!!

CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

KRAZZZAAAACK!!!!!!!

.........ba-dump...ba-dump...ba-dump..

Whew........ Almost lost 'im!!

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I think that one was killed ;)

15. But this, shall nevar die!11

:D

16. odie

odie Supporting Member

On this day May 11th, 2003 at 7:50 am this thread passed away. It wasnt a great thread but still a fully functioning and viable thread. Surviving threads are too numerous to name. But it is safe to say that it was in good company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.