1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thread question: When a for sale listing sets of your spider senses.

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by DanAdams, Feb 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Post it on Talkbass

20.0%
  2. Post it on a local online forum

20.0%
  3. Ask some probing questions of the seller to get a better idea

40.0%
  4. Score! Cheap bass!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pass it by and click on the next bass of interest

20.0%
  1. DanAdams

DanAdams Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Maine
    I read the mod's statement, but didn't see anything about making posts about seeing online listings that contain "red flags" as an item that may be stolen.
    Because they may not be stolen, perhaps they are just being listed by someone who inherited them or received them as barter pay, etc.
    I decided to search this forum for the bass, but it's not here.

What do you do when you see something like this?

2. On every posting there is A report option, click it and send A message to the mods of concerns

3. DanAdams

DanAdams Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Maine
    I don't mean the listings here necessarily. I mean Ebay, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.

4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I voted post it to talk bass, only because there are more knowledgeable bassists than I, who are familiar with a wider range of gear. If it was a bass like mine, I'd ask the probing questions first, and THEN post my findings to TB.

We look out for each other here, do we not? If not, we should :thumbsup::cool::greedy:

DanAdams likes this.
  5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I'd refrain from calling out something like that without evidence. I get the idea of looking out for your fellow bass player but unless it was so glaringly obviously stolen, it's none of my business.

Obese Chess and DanAdams like this.