1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thread size for rack mounting a GK BL600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CapeBass, Aug 31, 2008.

1. CapeBass

CapeBass Guest

Anyone know the thread size for the bolt holes on the sides of a GK amp? I gave up on a rack mounting kit, just can't find one. So I'm building a custom rack for it and will anchor it down using the holes designed for rack ears. Thanks in advance!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Most rack gear is a standard size, and hardware comes with a new rack. If you're custom building, use whatever size you want, so long as it fits through the holes on the amps rack ears.

3. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    The rack ears from Gallien -Krugers website will mount up pefrectly w/ your BL600. The same ones that are used for the rbII's. There are screws already in the ends of your bl600. You might save alittle money if you can find the rack ears on Ebay, but dont think they have to be specifically for a bl600. I had one rackmounted myself before, but I upgraded to a 700rbII. Here is a link to the rack ears you need:

http://secure.netsolhost.com/272252...=GS&Product_Code=304-1004-A&Category_Code=304

Take my advice; If you havent got a rack already, get a "shallow" rack and make sure that whatever you mount above the amp exhaust fan doesnt block it. I use a 4 space rack. Amp on bottom, Shure wireless above it, then my fender tuner. Dont bother w/ a power conditioner, just get a heavy duty 3 or 4 input extension cord.

4. CapeBass

CapeBass Guest

Thanks for the info.