Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thread Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Eulogist, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Eulogist

Eulogist

Nov 3, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I'd like to see the updates in "My Talkbass" without receiving an e-mail about it.

I hope I don't sound picky. I know I'm a n00b here and not a supporting member. But enhancements as such will make me more likely to participate in and support the forum.

2. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Go to "Edit Options" in "My Talkbass". There you can select whether or not you want to receive e-mail notifications.

3. Eulogist

Eulogist

Nov 3, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    okay, but will my subscribed threads still be updated in "My Talkbass"

4. No they won't.

I just set up a dummy account to send all those e-mails to.

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    But what about when you want to see some of the messages from Talkbass but not a whole bunch of emails that are probably irrelevant because I've already read the threads.

The reason this would be useful is because I'm particularly interested in seeing when somebody has replied to a thread I've posted on - they might be responding to my question or asking me for further clarification.

At the moment I've saved a link to the page that shows my postings and I look for the ones which have new postings since my last login. However, I'd like to have the same list filtered to show only threads which have been updated since I last looked. Since the icons change, I'm sure the software can select these threads out... but I can't find an option in the user interface to let me take advantage of this.

Wulf