1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thread titles that...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ant Illington, Mar 22, 2018.

1. I'm bored and I need some drama.

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I'm co-dependent and I need to find someone to help.

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. I wanted to see what certain inanity YOUR dumb-butt was posting under a BS title."

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. You are an arrogant jerkweasel and Nobody likes you.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Hoping to find too many italics and parenthetical comments from an arrogant jerkweasel like you.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. I searched tags for "tort" and I had to click.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ant Illington

Ant Illington I'm Anthony but I'm only illin' Banned

...do this.

I quit, for the most part, clicking on this type of thread because they were generally posts that few people would click if the title revealed the point of the post. I think that good people of TB click these with the hope of finding a topic as interesting as "All About Tort" or something where they can be of help (like "How can I get more Tort onto my short-scale P? In my case, are any of you psychologists who can help me with my seeming inability to turn a blind eye to general stupidity? Keep in mind that I do literally (and I literally mean "literally" when I say "literally") wear rose-colored sunglasses everyday but it doesn't help block out the inanity of the world. But I digress).

Occasionally, I will click on an incomplete-idea-of-a-title if there is even a slight hint that the post might not be retar, um, inane- not unlike this one- but even then I'm often let down. Even this one isn't as inane as it might first appear. Think about it.

Since YOU clicked on this thread with an incomplete title, I would like to know why you clicked on it.

I decided to add a poll but I certainly left out a lot of valid reasons, reasons that haven't occurred to me because I am arrogant, self-centered and unable to put myself into the shoes of others. So, in the spirit of a "good" free-form jazz explosion, let's hear your ramblings if my poll doesn't have your reason.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    TuneSalad666 likes this.
  2. db59

db59 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2015
    I absolutely will not be able to get that (90) seconds back, but wait , there's more to the story......................................

3. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    I'm simply bored, I guess!

4. Ant Illington

Ant Illington I'm Anthony but I'm only illin' Banned

90 seconds to read THAT? What are you, retar, um, a drummer?

5. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    First, from the title of this thread, I knew exactly what it was going to be about.

Second, I will sometimes just hover my mouse over the title, which then reveals the start of the content, which gives me more info, without actually clicking.

Third, sometimes I just see who started the thread, and decide if even hovering is worth while.

Ant Illington and Oddly like this.
  6. db59

db59 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2015
    ok........27 seconds......added in the time checking Reverb and the "classifieds".........."trade only".........arghhhh

Ant Illington likes this.
  7. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Sorry, you know the rules. No carrots, no poll.

8. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Yeah, those free-form explosions usually happen in the lavatory part of my home, literally and figuratively.:)

mikewalker likes this.
  9. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I've done that if the thread title might otherwise be quite long

10. rocu

rocu

Jan 28, 2015
    Missoula, MT
    I always vote for the jerkweasel.

Ant Illington likes this.
  11. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I had to vote "jerkweasel" just because it's a funny word. :woot::hyper::bassist:

12. rendevouz

rendevouz

Jan 8, 2013
    I like incomplete titles becau............