Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thread to glory in your short scale basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Daventry, Jul 24, 2005.

1. I have just bought a NOS Epiphone Rivoli II bass. These get a bad press, and were discontinued way back (about 6 or 7 years ago) but they have a certain tubby zippiness which satisfies. Equipped with a genuine mudbucker (sidewinder pup) and a mini humbucker, they plod and twang with the best of them.

I am going to have such fun with it.

30.5 inches is so cool. Great for ostinato playing and a rememdy for tired hands.

2. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I'm now restoring a '67 Vox Apollo now and also have one of these bad boy's on order:

[​IMG]

3. Hey, Steve...haven't seen you in years...how's life?

4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Hey Andy...ya man, been years huh??

Life's been, well, "life" ya know bro?

Some good, some bad but still ticking!!

Right now it's kinda busy but I'm in the midst of buying a home again after over a decade of "renting" so I'm excited about it (note 3 car garage).

Dude's New House Here

5. Best of luck to you...why are you wasting your money on cars when there are basses to be bought?

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Cars?? I'm buying a house which is located in the hottest zip code in the US right now, currently appreciating in value at a rate of 6% per month.

Given the price I'm buying it at that equates to over $10,000 per month in equity appreciation...and I'm still buying basses!

7. So why do you need a garage? I mean that's the issue

:D

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Steve I saw that Club bass, and it is sweet! here is my Turser short scale...

9. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    My current two car garage is jam packed and the car sits outside...need the 3rd bay so I can actually use it for it's intended purpose plus have room for my shop.

10. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Dude, what do you do for a living.. :eek: That house is sweet..I'm a new home buyer myself, but mine not as sweet as that.

11. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    I sell basses....lots of basses.

12. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    LIES! Dude's actually a supermodel, but doesn't want people to know.. Your secret is out!

[​IMG]

13. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Hey I've seen him sitting on a toilet somewhere before...?????? :meh: just cant remember where.

edit: I rember now the dudepit reading on the thrown..I'm i right?

Well to stay on topic...I would like to have an Epi. Rumblekat

14. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    There was an old Fender Mustang at a local shop here that looked pretty spiffy. Would be cool to have for something a little different.

Oh and nice house Dude. ;)